June 22, 2011
This is it, the one you've all been waiting for. My reflections and memories of what I'd like to remember the most from UCLA freshman year.
I'm fortunate enough to live comfortably with my fellow D10 friends, or Dykstra-10 friends. If you don't know what D10 is, it's another name for 10th floor (top floor) of Dykstra Hall. I know the quality is not as good, I still loved living there because of the key things:
-View from the top, where you can actually see the Pacific Ocean, Westwood, and UCLA Medical Center!
-All my friends, including especially my roommate and best friend, Bryan Kitchener
-Close proximity to the main campus compared to the other halls I could have lived at
Ah, do I miss my friends dearly. I'll never forget about talking with them so much! We need to reunite at Sproul Hall or Sunset Rec!
Sure, UCLA is hard, especially their engineering program! I barely survived Physics classes without a strong prior background in high school! I guess the only things I'm generally okay with are just Math and Chemistry. After, all they are my favorite subjects! Gosh, I hate that you have to all of sudden change your way of thinking, something I am not fully transitioned to quite yet...
Next time I watch sports, I'll for sure get a DENS pass to see the football and men's basketball games! It will definitely get more tense for next year because I'm going to be clashing with half of my Utah friends who all go to the University of Utah! So much for the prestigious conference we are in right now...
Los Angeles is nice, and I might even live here if I find a job after college! I just love the weather and climate here. How the heck did I go from a relatively quite capital city (Salt Lake City) to living in a bustling large metropolis (Los Angeles) directly next to Beverly Hills and Hollywood?
Anyhow, I shall just enjoy my summer in LA before I return again to Utah for a month before Fall 2011 begins. I can't wait to see all my UCLA friends again when Fall comes!
No comments:
Post a Comment