Ryan Samii, when you saw my Pokemon team montage video, you disapproved me from adding Blissey to my team. Guess what, I have largely confidential information of why she's so important to me.
That's because, it just happened on this very day.
One night, I was on a five-battle losing streak after seven battles when I battled on Pokemon Battle Revolution online against random players. Believe me, it was hell I went through.

Blissey's role was finally made clear during the eighth and final battle of the night for my Pokemon team.
I was battling against an opponent named Irving (his team consisted of Arcanine, Latios, Dialga, Gengar-shiny version, Deoxys-Speed Forme, and Shaymin) for the second straight time (first time he trashed me). Literally, he used the same but different combination of Pokemon for this battle. He sent out Arcanine and Latios first with Deoxys and Gengar as backup.
As for me (my team consisted of Palkia, Kyogre, Blissey, Gengar, Metagross, and Gyarados), when I lost against him the first time, I had used Gengar and Metagross first with Palkia and Kyogre as the backup. The second time, however, I sent Blissey out in place of Gengar.
It all started with this: I immediately withdrew Metagross and sent out Kyogre in his place when I sensed that Arcanine was going to use a fire attack on him. It worked because his Flare Blitz did nothing on Kyogre. Meanwhile, Latios used Ice Beam on my Blissey, but she took the hit too easily. Afterwards, she used Thunder Wave on Latios to paralyze him, allowing easier opportunities for us to attack as Latios was slowed down from this paralysis.
After multiple Ice Beams from Kyogre and Blissey took down Latios, even after Latios attacked Kyogre with a Draco Meteor, Arcanine kept attacking with Flare Blitz, only on Blissey this time. In the process, Blissey paralyzed Arcanine after Gengar came in. Arcanine took out Kyogre with an Extremespeed, but Gengar fails to kill Blissey with a Focus Blast in spite of its super effectiveness, leading to Gengar being paralyzed by Blissey as well. Blissey made matters worse for Irving by using Softboiled to heal herself.
Palkia then came in and quickly took out the paralyzed Gengar with a Spacial Rend, while Arcanine exhausts out Extremespeed's PP due to Palkia's Pressure ability and the fact that he absorbed these attacks with ease. Deoxys came in and even his Thunderbolt failed to kill Palkia, leading to him taking out both opposing Pokemon with a Rain-boosted Surf due to Kyogre's Drizzle ability that left the rainstorm going even after he was taken out.
What was the difference? My pokemon team had a huge disadvantage over speed since all four of the Pokemon I battled against were all faster than my entire team except for Gengar. With Blissey's Thunder Wave, the speed disadvantage was eliminated as paralysis reduces any Pokemon's speed to one fourth of its speed stat.
This is why Blissey is important to me, because faster Pokemon tend to really wipe out my team with ease!
No comments:
Post a Comment