Sunday, September 18, 2011

When Will Some of My Allies Ever Learn?

If you are familiar with StarCraft II, then you will get the idea of what I'm trying to speak of. If not, StarCraft II is a strategy-based game that in which you try to develop your economy so that you can use it to build your army and try to take out your opponent's base before they can destroy yours with a variety of attacks, including pushes and quick attacks known as rushes, albeit at the cost of economy.

Okay, let's get to the real topic. Seriously, every time I see an opposing Probe, SCV, and/or Drone go into our base, it may imply the imminent rush or scouting. Well, I did a 3v3 random battle against three opponents (Terran, Protoss, and Zerg races) who actually implemented rushes against us.

I swear, I saw a probe come in and warned my allies about a possible photon cannon rush. I too, scouted my base and I saw not a cannon rush, but a proxy bunker rush. Oh my goodness, it's time I need to prepare my marines... now.

Before I told my allies about an incoming proxy rush, one of my allies, RickyRicardo (Zerg), actually listened to my warning and scouted his own base, only that he was not cannon rushed. Too bad. GreatHorde (Protoss), my other ally, ignored my warning and simply went on with his void ray build order.

As the bunker rush was commencing, all of us got some low-tiered units ready and immediately started to take out the proxy barracks and eventually the bunker, along with the 2 opposing SCVs that were there. Unfortunately, the zergling rush also came and we had to deal with that rush as well. Thank god for my own scouting that rendered these rushes useless.

But wait... remember how I mentioned that GreatHorde neglected my warning about a possible cannon rush? Well, just merely seconds after we disposed these two aforementioned rushes is when the worst happened: my warning and prediction came true. This is what the dialogue was like when GreatHorde was unfortunately successfully photon cannon rushed:


KentYingYang (me): I warned you guys!!!! :P
RickyRicardo: lol
RickyRicardo: yeloow... (Referring to GreatHorde)


I swear, I was literally like "@#$#$%# it!!! I thought I told you guys to scout your own bases to watch out for rushes like these!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Okay, GreatHorde does indeed try to fight back... but unfortunately about 4 photon cannons were already there, with 2 pylons next to them. Crap, it's too late, it was already about 6 minutes into the gameplay and he just barely notices the cannon rush and the probe responsible for the rush. Darn, he loses all his units to that rush along with his probes. I tried to get in the base to dispose the rush, but seeing that there were too many cannons for me or RickyRicardo to deal with, I had to leave him to be defeated. GreatHorde left the game afterwards, leaving only me and RickyRicardo to carry the burden of the battle with us.

That's not all, as we tried to strike back is when we saw that the opposing Terran player had actually built proxy barracks, bunkers, and missile turrets next to the entrance... oh wow. That's seriously your response? I am no guest to that, I've done this before with my best friend, Bryan Kitchener, when we did 2v2 together.

Anyway, because of two failed rushes, the opposing team did indeed fall behind me and my surving ally (RickyRicardo), and we just simply disposed that opposing team via carefully repeated medivac drops, MMM, mass roaches, mutas, and brood lords.

When will some of my allies learn? When will they learn to consider my warning and scout their own bases to make sure no rushes are implemented? This isn't the first time I've had to deal with such issues. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment