Friday, May 6, 2011

Famous People/Friends who know Famous People

May 6, 2011-

Here I am, living in Los Angeles in the Westwood Village, having come all the way from a relatively quiet suburb of Sandy City, Utah. How many people have I met who are related to, know, or are famous people?

Before I even moved to Utah, I knew just three. There's no doubt, just three.

These people are Danielle Shurtleff, daughter of State Attorney General Mark Shurtleff. she went to the same middle school and elementary school with me. I also had classes with her during those times. The other is one of my best friends, Jeffrey Bennett. For those who were in ALPS program or Hillcrest High School, you know who he is related to. For those who weren't, he's related to US Senator Bob Bennett. (Jeffrey, I hope I am not flattering you too much about this.)

I also saw Sarah Hughes in New York City, when I visited in 2005.

What about now? How many more people have I met who have these distinctions of being linked to famous people since moving to Los Angeles?

Actually, tons.

Here are some of them. Two of my friends, Kory and Kristian Kiraly, are related to famous US Olympian Karch Kiraly by father-son relationship. My best friend and roommate, Bryan Kitchener, was a high school classmate to Taylor Lautner, which should be interesting if you watch the Twilight series.

You've also got Chanell Heslop, who's related to both Mitt Romney and Orin Hatch. And there's Kaitlyn Williams, who starred in Akeelah and the Bee, if you know that film.

Wait, is this all? Of course not! You forgot about the UCLA athletics teams. Some of them are celebrities even before college. And don't forget that about one of my earlier posts when I went to see the premiere of No Strings Attached! I saw so many more celebrities from that premiere!

Gosh, I guess this is true, about how Miley Cyrus describes her first experience of Hollywood. Living the LA life has indeed been crazy so far. Yet, I'm having fun at the same time! MLILA (My life is Los Angeles, thanks to my friend Daniel Kaplan, who first used that acronym).

Did I forget? I am jealous of Daniel for meeting up with Anthony Rapp, who had one of the main roles of the film adaptation of Rent!

No comments:

Post a Comment