Have any of you been wondering why I have mentioned the name Noricas, something unfamiliar to almost all of the Brighton people? Aside from my all my best and close friends from Hillcrest, who already know what I am talking about, Noricas is the name of the micronation started by one of my best friends, Jeffrey Bennett, along with his friends as part of the project on micronationalism.
Recently, I was told by Jeff about Noricas, something I've heard of before by other people of Hillcrest who have mentioned this name before. Now, I think you all noticed that I've been keeping track of US political news more often than usual, primarily through TV and the New York Times.
Here's the thing: being part of this micronation enables you to know about how laws work in a political simulation, something a little bit similar to the American Problems class at Brighton. Simply put, Noricas is a constitutional monarchy based on the British government with Norican as the official language of this micronation (correct me if I'm wrong on these details, Jeff.).
After hearing about it, I got convinced that I would like to know more about constitutional monarchy in political simulations. Because of my continued increase in my interest in politics, I decided to join the nation, and analyze how people handle the government through laws. I officially joined in on June 5, 2010. I also obtained a translation of my name in Norican, which is shown on my Facebook profile. Thanks Hayden Rowberry for the translation, I really like my translated name!
After joining in, I am ready to look over the things people of Noricas have done so that I can help out with these discussions!
Although we started more as a British-based system, we're slowly evolving into our own unique entity. Other than that, you've pretty much got it right.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the Empire, Kent!
ReplyDeleteI can't take credit for your name though, that was the doing of the ALN (Jeffrey). Let me know if there is anything else that we can do for you.
To anyone else interested in joining, our website is http://noricas.uni.cc/