Monday, April 19, 2010

Toyota Recalls


As you all know, Toyota has encountered one of the most unfortunate events in the history of the company. In late 2009, Toyota found customer complaints and issued recalls to many of its models. My condolences to all the Toyota employees who suffered the stress to quickly analyze and fix the brake, electronic stability control, and/or acceleration system problems that several models have. I am indeed speaking of the following Toyota models: Camry, Corolla, RAV4, Avalon, Prius, Highlander, Tundra, Sequoia, Aygo, Matrix, iQ, and Auris. I also speak of the following Lexus models: the ES series, IS series, and the HS 250h.

Lexus and Scion were hardly affected by this recall unlike Toyota, who had around 80% of the models get recalled, resulting in the delay of the sale of these aforementioned vehicles until the issue is fixed.

In spite of these recalls, which I express my deepest sympathies for as working for Toyota is amongst one of my dream jobs, there's no doubt that Toyota is among one of the best companies in the world, not just before recalls, but in the very beginning. Toyota was responsible for the success of Lexus in the first place, where the well-known LS series was launched in 1989 with a very huge success, dominating and overtaking various luxury automakers that underestimated Toyota in the luxury market by taking the top spot in terms of not only sales, but also in customer service and satisfaction.

In case if you all don't know, Lexus has earned the best reliability ratings ever since its start in 1989.

To all the people I know who own the newer Toyota models, including possibly Anna since I saw her driving her parents car, which appears to be a 2009 Toyota Corolla, I express my sympathies if your models got recalled for these aforementioned issues.

P.S. Pontiac Vibe, as a Toyota engineered vehicle, was also recalled for the same reasons, as were models built on the same platform as the Toyota Aygo.

No comments:

Post a Comment