Sunday, February 27, 2011

Opinions on the 83rd Academy Awards

February 27, 2011-

Okay, here are my overall opinions on the 83rd Oscars overall:


Winners who didn't deserve these awards:

-Melissa Leo for Supporting Actress because of what may have happened during her acceptance speech.

-The Social Network for Best Original Score because, well, you know already. The King's Speech or Inception deserved it more.

-Alice in Wonderland for Best Art-Direction because come on, that film's art direction isn't even close to being as good as any of the other nominees in that category! In fact, it should've gotten 0 of 2 awards instead of 2 for 2.


As for others, Christian Bale definitely deserved this Oscar as he is long overdue for a prestigious award like this. Natalie Portman and Colin Firth also deserved these wins, as they are definitely good actors for their respective films. In fact, I don't think anyone else could've pulled off performances for these roles better than they could!

For Inception, thank goodness for the 4 Oscars it received. It FULLY and RIGHTLY deserved these oscars better than any of the other films nominated in these categories Inception won in. Aaron Sorkin deserved his Oscar too, as it was an interesting story about Facebook's founder, Mark Zuckerberg.

I couldn't have agreed more about The King's Speech winning the oscar for Best Picture. I know I haven't seen either this film or The Social Network yet, but they are both great films. However, I was more intrigued with the former's story than the latter's, and I am glad that The King's Speech took home the big prize.

As for James Franco and Anne Hathaway, they did a great job for their first time of hosting the Oscars. I understand there wasn't that much of a chemistry between them, but I can't blame them for that, given James's busy schedule on weekdays.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree with you Kent! All of this was 100% true. You need to go see King's Speech now, it's incredible.

    ReplyDelete