Wednesday, January 12, 2011

No Strings Attached

January 11, 2011-

Oh my gosh. It just so happens that there was a Red Carpet Premiere at the Fox Theater in Westwood Village for the upcoming film, No Strings Attached! I just happened to be present at the premiere!

You won't believe this, but I was there because the premiere took place when I was handing out fliers for fundraising our engineering project that involves building water tanks for a community in Guatemala. In case if you were wondering which club it was that I am involved with that I mentioned in the blog, it is EWB, or Engineers Without Borders. We collaborated with California Pizza Kitchen by having 20% of the money customers pay for the pizza they order be donated to our organization to meet our budget needed to build those water tanks. It was loads of fun!




Anyways, I happened to see many people apparently in a line as soon as I started my shift at 5 PM. I didn't realize what was going on until I saw the Red Carpet by the time I took a break an hour later. By the time I was done with the activity at about 7:30 PM, the premiere was under way!



Speaking of celebrities, I did indeed see Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore, Ivan Reitman, Jason Reitman, Natalie Portman, Greta Gerwig, and Kevin Kline at the premiere! In addition, I saw various supporting cast members including Lake Bell, in addition to additional celebrities who went including Ludacris! One of my fellow friends in EWB managed to get pictures of both Ashton Kutcher and Natalie Portman during the premiere! It was fun to see them at this spectacular event! I could've sworn, what I would normally see only on TV suddenly instead became something I would see in real life!

If you want to say which TV crews I saw, I can't believe with my eyes that I saw CNN, LA Times, and Extra present at the premiere! Talk about it, there were TONS of cameras and paparazzi present at that time!

This is the third time outside of Utah in my life I've seen famous figures in real life such as celebrities. I remember seeing Sarah Hughes during my NYC trip in 2005. And I saw 42nd President Bill Clinton at the 2010 Democratic Rally for California Governors election! This is fourth overall if you include that time I saw Jeffrey Bennett's grandfather, US Senator Bob Bennett of Utah, during one of the church Sundays I went to!

3 comments: