Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Adventures in Taiwan Part 1

Sorry, there aren't any pictures yet, but I'll get them up on the next post!  Anyway, if you hadn't noticed from my Facebook status, I'm actually in Taiwan right now again for visiting most of my relatives who live there!

My, hard to believe I haven't been back for 3 years now.  A lot has changed, including the new Taiwan High Speed Rail tracks being built on the side of the National Highway No. 1 used to allow travel to the Taoyuan International Airport that my cousin, Christina, told me about!  I also rode in my uncle's new 2011 Toyota Camry (note, not the same as North American version, look up Toyota Aurion XV40 on Wikipedia) for the first time.  Most of the previous times I've visited, I rode in his old 1997 Nissan Cefiro (same as Infiniti I30). Wait... did I say 1997?  He's actually drove that car for 15 years before changing to the Camry!

One thing I find myself baffled on this trip is me studying half of the time while in Taiwan.  I admit, I've actually been studying for Chem Eng 100: Fundamentals of Chemical Engineering and Chem 101a: Transport Phenomena-momentum transport ever since I finished engineering ethics final.  They are so intimidating, and I admit, I'll need to ask my dad for some help on understanding those concepts involving so much differential equations.

Ah, I got the chance to go over to the Tomica Square located in the mall next to the Taipei 101.  I was able to find 12 of the 20 Tomica diecast models I was looking for, including the Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4!  From what I heard form stumbleupon, it's the 2nd fastest cars introduced for the 2013 model year.  I hope someday, a manufacturer can overtake the Bugatti Veyron as the fastest car in the world!

Right now, I am currently visiting my aunt on my mom's side, as well as my grandma and another one of my uncles.  More to come soon!

1 comment:

  1. Have a great trip! That's awesome you went to the Tomica store. Eat some delicious food for me :)

    ReplyDelete