Monday, April 11, 2011

Random Thoughts...

April 11, 2011-

Okay, I don't have a specific subject for this post, but I thought of just putting in the thoughts I'm going through at this moment...


-Half or a little over half of my LDS friends have gone... to where? You know, to their mission spots or MTC. Now I am ready to see what, four to six more of my friends leave like this. Andrew Forrest, Matt Durrant, Dallan Carter, Wesley Hoover, Brad Walker, Josh Peart, Curtis Brown, Steven Meitler, Brock Rasmussen, Ben Hugo, Logan Pfau, Elliott Barth, and Scott Hebertson have all already left. Now, I have to witness my fellow Ultimate Frisbee friends Jon Mortensen, Michael Affleck, and Seokhee Burningham leave like this. I will also be witnessing few more of my close friends leave within months as well. Yes, I am especially talking about Nathan Odendahl, Jeffrey Bennett, Carter Hesterman, Austin Ellis, and Bjorn Jones.

-Los Angeles Lakers on a losing streak after winning 17 games with only a loss in between? No comment at all. At least I am planning not to watch the last few games so that I can save it up for the playoffs. Even if we do not win this season, god forbid Boston Celtics win this season. Maxine, I know you live in Boston and support these idiots, but I must abide with my original loyalty. That is... you know the answer.

-Utah Jazz getting eliminated from the playoff spot? What did I tell you Jazz fans who trash-talked me all my life? Your elimination in the hands of us (LA Lakers) is echoing my earlier post "NBA Preseason vs. Official Season!"

-StarCraft II is so hard to adapt to. I haven't been able to adjust to fast-paced computer games like this quite yet. In fact, my record to date for 1v1 matches is 5-10. As you can see, not good at all, even for beginners. I have already been on a losing streak many times, especially when I was on a 6-game losing streak. To be really honest, I'm glad to have gone against Albert Chen, who is a maniac at this game; however, I feel insulted by his remarks on my skills. It's just like I attained a friend who acts almost like my father who is arrogant. I know he's good, but he's too good for his own good. You know what? Give me time, then I might be more effective than now... ugh.

-I just barely began finding a job. Why? It's because I don't want a relatively empty vacation aside from my Guatemala trip to help out with one of my club projects (Engineers Without Borders) this upcoming September.

-All core classes this quarter? I guess I gave myself another challenge: try to get through only classes for my major this quarter. Thank god I do not have a literature-based class this quarter. To be honest, I'd rather be done with those by now. English literature is just never my forte.

-Have I mentioned this? I see so many homeless people down in Westwood Village every time I go there for shopping. This gives me a good idea about Los Angeles in general. It's in the same position as New York City in the 1920s during the Jazz age. If you've read The Great Gatsby (one of my favorites if you don't know by now), then you'll get the idea I'm trying to emphasize. Thank goodness that Westwood and its surrounding areas (particularly Beverly Hills and West Hollywood) are not the Valley of Ashes. In fact, they're almost, if not completely, like East Egg in the novel. If you are saying anything about gang presence, then there you go. You know that South LA is definitely the Valley of Ashes.

-Sirens, sirens, sirens... Just the everyday noise you hear from my dorm. Not to mention, you can also hear helicopter noises as well. Ah... the joys of living so close to UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center...

No comments:

Post a Comment